Faculty Focus invites you to attend Teaching Online vs. F2F: 15 Differences That Affect Learning, a live video seminar coming September 16. During the seminar, Dr. Ike Shibley will spell out the key distinctions between these two forms of instruction.
This online video seminar will cover:
• 15 important differences between online and face-to-face instruction
• The advantages of online teaching compared to F2F methods
• Effective teaching practices that align with online instruction
• Applying learner-centered teaching to online courses
• Productive aspects of online instruction to help guide course design
• Composing a first draft for an online course syllabus
• Appropriate online assignments, grading, and collaboration exercises
• Creating possible assessment instruments to measure student learning
• Why assessment is actually easier in an online course
Whether you’re new to online teaching, or have been doing it for years, this seminar will make you rethink what’s possible in the online classroom.
This seminar features one of Magna’s most popular and engaging presenters, Dr. Ike Shibley, an associate professor of chemistry at Penn State-Berks. An award-winning teacher with a pedagogical research focus on finding the most productive ways to enhance student learning, Dr. Shibley brings unique insight into classroom climate, student learning and motivation. He will answer your questions during the dedicated Q&A portion of the seminar.