Search DU CTLAT Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Microsoft Home: Save time with quick computer shortcuts!


As a new mom, Rachel Brown is always looking for ways to save time. "When I have the chance to sit down at my computer, I need to get at what I'm working on as quickly as possible," says Brown, who uses her computer to keep in touch with family and friends. Brown discovered the power of shortcuts and keystrokes while she was still working. "Before taking my maternity leave, I worked in a bilingual environment," she explains. "I learned the keystrokes for the French accents that were essential in all of my correspondence." She also learned a few other time-saving tricks such as highlighting text, using the Bold function, and creating new documents.


If you're looking to work more efficiently in Microsoft Word, Excel, or Internet Explorer, the key is using programmed shortcuts (see link).


A final piece of advice from Brown: Have the Help Line numbers for all the products you use nearby. "At work you rely on your IT person to solve problems that come up, but at home you need to fix these on your own and those phone numbers become extremely useful," she says.


The more you use these tools, the more time you will save. Have fun and explore the options available to you.

Article written by Liz Eustace and adapted from an original piece from Microsoft Home Magazine.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment