Yes, we have. National educational trends show our students not only desire a bachelor's degree, but also crave higher levels of training. In increasing numbers, they are going on to complete professional degrees.
Dear UNCF Friend and Supporter,
· I wish that no child of any ethnic background ever has to turn aside the chance to go to college because he or she just can't afford it.
· I wish that every bright young person could realize his or her full potential (we will all benefit from that).
· I wish that no one who goes to college has to drop out before graduation because money is short.
· I wish we could make the world better with more teachers, more doctors, more scientists, more artists, more entrepreneurs and more leaders.
· I wish the future of America and its position in the world could be strengthened by better educating our children.
Those are my wishes for the holidays. And I hope you'll help them come to pass.
Your support right now will allow us to give deserving students and their families the best possible gift for the holidays: that they will be able to go to, or stay in, college.
These are my best wishes and I am sure, as a loyal UNCF supporter, some of yours.
Thank you so much for your ongoing support.
Michael L. Lomax, Ph.D.
President & CEO
UNCF - United Negro College Fund