Search DU CTLAT Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Nerdy Teacher Blog


My name is Nicholas Provenzano and entered the blogging world January 1st, 2010. Since then, I have been involved in many exciting projects and events.

I have a Masters Degree in Educational Technology from Central Michigan University.

I have presented around the country at multiple #edcamps and was an organizer for #edcampDetroit ( @edcampDetroit ).

I also spoke at the #140 Character Conference in Detroit about the value of Twitter in the classroom.

I recently presented at MACUL about the importance of blogging in the classroom and using Twitter to connect to educators around the world.

I presented at ISTE11 in Philly in June 2011.

I will be on a panel for the College Board's National AP Conference in San Francisco in July 2011.

In December, my blog was voted the 3rd Most Powerful Blog in the World. I was also nominated for Best Teacher Blog as well.

I blog for Edutopia on occasion because they are an awesome group of people and I can say I technically write for George Lucas. :-)

I am very active on Twitter and participate in the various chats so I can share ideas with educators from all over the world. You can follow me @TheNerdyTeacher if you are interested in connecting.

I am co-founder and co-editor of ProjectPLN. ProjectPLN is a montly e-zine dedicated to sharing stories with educators all over the world. You can follow @ProjectPLN for updates on the upcoming issues. You can also email us your stories at ProjectPLN10@Gmail.com

Besides writing blog posts for my site, I've written for the ISTE Blog and Lifetime's The Balancing Act. I am currently blogging for Edutopia. I love to write, so if you are interested in a guest post, please send me an email and we can chat!

I'm currently spending my time reviewing amazing websites, books and apps and sharing my thoughts on my site. If you would like me to review your product, feel free to contact me.

Here are some examples reviews:

Adobe
Be Confident in Who You Are: Middle School Confidential
EasyBib
SAT Remix
StrataLogica

I'm also available to do consulting and would be happy to talk to you about working together.

On top of all of the fun things, I'm a high school English teacher trying new and innovative ways to connect my students to the world and literature around them. I'm always looking for fun projects to collaborate on with different teachers. Drop me a line if you have an idea.

Personally, I'm happily married and have a beautiful baby boy name Leo (@BabyProvenzano). I love to garden in the Spring and Summer and play video games in the colder days.

The views expressed on this site are own and do not reflect the views of the school district I currently work.

Contact Information:
Nicholas Provenzano
@TheNerdyTeacher


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see a classroom where students use social media for an educational purpose. I guess among certain students at certain schools this is a phenomenal idea. I'd love to teach that type of class. However, at my school access to social media sites hindered engagement in academics. Good luck to you!
    ~Christine at www.educritics.com

    ReplyDelete