Good Morning Dillard Community:
Greeting in the Name of God our Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Office of the University Chaplain and the VisionQuest Program is sending you a friendly reminder that the "March Gladness: Spirituality is Everybody Business Campaign" begins in today, Friday, March 1, 2013 and will continue until the end of the Spring Semester 2013. We are soliciting the support of the entire Dillard University Community (students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends) as this is something new and exciting for our us. Your support and participation in these events is greatly appreciated:
MARCH GLADNESS: Sprirituality is Everybody's Business"
- Campain "Kick-Off" Events
- Prayer-a-thon. We are opening the doors of the Prayer Room also known as the Little Chapel to everyone. Our goal is to get 100 people to pray in the Prayer Room between the hours of 8AM - 8 PM on Friday. There will be a prize given to the 100th person who prays in the Chapel.
- Flag Pole Prayer at 12 Noon, Friday, March 1, 2013, A new tradition at Dillard. On this day, we recognize the World Day of Prayer, which is a world holiday on Friday. Rev. Richard Thompkins, a Dillard University, senior, who is an ordained minister at Franklin Avenue Baptist Church, New Orleans, Louisianawill bring the meditation. See you at the flag pole.
- 24-Hour Prayer and Spiritual Crisis Hotline is activated. Dail 504-816-H-O-P-E (4673). We listen, we care, and we will pray for you!
- Chapel Service, Sunday, March 3, 2013. We will be celebrating Holy Communion. VisionQuest Chorale will provide worship music with their new directress, Ms. Miya Carter DU 2013.
- Tuesday, March 5, 2013 from 6 AM- 7AM, launching of the Dillard University Telephone Prayer Conference Line. One hour of powerful prayer and mediation in the comfort of your own home.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013, from 7AM- 7:30 AM, Chaplain's Walk on Wednesdays on the Avenue of the Oaks. This event is in partnership with Recreation-Health and Wellness. All are encourage to purchase a sweat suit or work-out apparel from the Dillard University Bookstore.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013, from 6-7PM, Prayer Meeting in the Lawless Chapel Prayer Room. One hour of powerful intercessory prayer.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 7 PM, Power for Living Bible Study with Rev. John Bernard Wingate, University Chaplain/Director of VisionQuest. Where the Word of God comes alive! Come experience our powerful teaching ministry. Light refreshments will be served.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 7 PM, VisionQuest Chorale Rehearsal. We are looking for new members. Students, Faculty, Staff, and Alumni are welcome. Hope to see you there! For more information contact Rev. John Wingate, University Chaplain/Director of VisionQuest or Mr. Joshua Lazard, Assistant Project Director of VisionQuest at 504-816-4791 or visit the Office of the University.
- Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 6:00 PM in Lawless Chapel. Sunday Evening Vespers Service is returning to Dillard University. Pastor Shawn Anglim and First Grace United Methodist Church, New Orleans, Louisiana will be joining us in evening worship and prayer.
- Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 12:00 Noon. The Univeristy Chaplain/Director of VisionQuest is looking for Volunteers (students, faculty, staff, and administration) to assist him in decorating the Univeristy Chaplain Office/VisionQuest Bulletin Board in Kearny Hall on the first floor. There will be free food. Your choice of Chinese Food, Pizza, or etc. An honorarium will be given to the first three persons who respond. See Rev. Wingate today for details. We are family!!!!
- More to come so please stay tuned. SPREAD THE WORD.