Why Is Game-Based Learning Great?
- Games can make people behave better.
- Learners perform better when using game-based learning.
- Without games, the grade distribution is much more even across letter grades. With games, the distribution of grades is highly tilting towards the “A” range with almost no grades in the failing range.
- Players work harder voluntarily with game-based learning.
- The work tends to be more relevant and easier to recall in ‘real life’.
- Timely and appropriate feedback is worked into the game design.
- The challenges, structures, and goals are generally quite clear in game based learning.